Category Archives: NVQ Dental Nursing
The information below is to help you decide if this particular level is right for you.
NVQ Dental Nursing Level 3
As it happens, the Level 3 in NVQ Dental Nursing is the only option! So, to take this level you’ll need to be a dental nurse who provides direct chair-side assistance as well as patient care and support during a broad range of dental treatments. You will have a good knowledge of dental equipment, instrument, materials and techniques.
You will need to complete a total of 11 mandatory units to gain the full NVQ Dental Nursing:
- Make sure the way you act reduce sthe risk to health and safety
- Be self-critical and develop your practice
- Provide basic life support
- Prepare and help maintain the working environment, dental instruments, and all equipment used for clinical dental procedures
- Give information and support to patients to help with their oral health
- Provide chair-side patient support during the assessment of their oral health
- Help to contribute to the production of dental radiographs
- Provide patient chair-side support during the prevention and control of periodontal disease and caries, and the filling of cavities
- Provide patient chair-side support during the provision of both fixed and removable dental appliances
- Provide patient chair-side support during non surgical endodontic (root canal) treatment
- Provide patient chair-side support during the extraction of teeth and minor dental surgery