Category Archives: NVQ Equivalent
NVQs, along with other qualifications, can be quantified using ‘levels’. Such qualification levels are contained in three qualification ‘frameworks’:
- National Qualifications Framework
- Qualifications and Credit Framework (this is the new framework for vocational and/or work-related qualifications)
- Framework for Higher Education Qualifications
These frameworks group together qualifications that place similar demands on you as a learner. Of course, within any single level, qualifications can cover a wide variety of subjects, and also take varying amounts of time to complete.
- NVQ Level 1 = foundation GNVQ, three or four GCSEs scored at grades D-E, Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC) first certificate.
- NVQ Level 2 = five GCSEs scored at grades A*-C, BTEC first diploma.
- NVQ Level 3 = two or more A levels, BTEC Ordinary National Diploma (OND), City & Guilds Advanced Craft.
- NVQ Level 4 = BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND), or City & Guilds Full Technological Certificate / Diploma
- NVQ Level 5 =NQF 7-8
Please see the following DirectGov page for further information: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/QualificationsExplained/DG_10039017